Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Summer Daze

It’s been a while since we updated about our goings on. So I will give a brief synopsis of our seemingly short summer:

JUNE: trip to Idaho to visit friends and family.
Yellowstone after camping out in Island Park, ID with Dan's family

Emily with her "best" worm she caught for fishing and then grew attached and carried it around all morning.


I married him for his charm - not his table manners.
S'mores at the Andersen's - the best accommodations in A.F., I might add


"Camping" as Wyatt called it, (actually S'mores over a fire pit) with the Andersens and with our awesome friends the Wards



The ladies - need I say more?

JULY: working on 4-H projects and quick trip for Kari and girls to Utah to visit family.

I don't have pictures for the 4-H projects since our house was virtually trashed with sewing, wood working, leaf drying, and cookie baking - I choose to keep no incriminating evidence.


On the trip to Utah I brought my camera and used it at temple square where we met up with Daniel's mom, and then again at Hogel Zoo, but of course got few other pictures of my family during the melee/play.

August: 4-H, fair, and school started again

I'll upload the pictures of the girl's fair projects later - the previous pictures took over a half an hour (that's just the uploading time it actually took a day and a half - as my computer kept shutting off while trying to upload) on my S-L-O-W internet connection. They did really well this year. Especially for this being their first 4-H experience. Rylee won Grand Champion for her leaf display and in the Agility dog competition (perhaps the credit goes to Daisy for the dog show, since she did most of the work). Morgan won a Champion ribbon for the throw pillow she made in a summer clinic and Reserve Champion for her leaf display. Both of the girl's leaf displays were submitted to the state fair where, ironically, Morgan received a purple ribbon (highest award) and Rylee received a blue ribbon (second place). We thought it was funny, since it was just the opposite at the county fair - I guess it's all dependant upon who's judging and what they like, huh? They both also ribboned with other sewing projects and each made cookies and did a public fashion display with some pillowcases they made. They had lots of fun and did great - and I took a two hour nap after the last item was submitted fair week. Whew, it was exhausting!

3 comments:

Alissa said...

Not fair that you put all these cute photos on and no one has commented yet...! I'm sure glad we got to see you girls this summer. We missed you, Daniel. Maybe next year. Oh, wait - you're on the three year plan. I guess we'll see you in two more years!

linda said...

Wow girls! Good job on the 4H projects and at the fair! And let me say- it is not the dog who should get the credit. It is hard work for the trainer to get the dog to behave and do what is required. So good job! I'm impressed!

And if your dog trainer needs an extra challenge I have two neighboring dog who need to learn to shut up!

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

My lands...what am I thinking in that picure?!!!?