Monday, April 14, 2008

April Fool's

I set a goal to be fun this year – well for at least one day this year. I wanted to make a tricky April Fool’s Day dinner. Thanks to the Family Fun website I got all sorts of great ideas. Here’s what the meal looked like.


The brown thing that looks like meatloaf was Cocoa Crispy treats with little pieces of fruit roll up and dried pineapple bits, to look like onions and peppers. The bread, which was not very convincing, was angel food cake cooked in a bread pan and sliced. The cupcakes were meatloaf (that way the smell would be consistent with the meal) frosted with colored mashed potatoes. Then I changed out our water pitcher with the colorless Kool-aid and had our Kool-aid pitcher full of water – knowing that they would expect it to be the colorless Kool-aid. I don’t know if anyone was completely fooled, but, mission accomplished, I had fun that day!

3 comments:

Gwen said...

I'm WAY impressed! I forgot all about April Fools this year.

Alissa said...

Ummm.. and the little icky-looking green things on the plate? Skittles? Sixlets? :-)

Not too bad, big sister. That sure takes energy and creativity - impressive!

Shane said...

Good for you! I need to some more fun things like that.