Thursday, March 20, 2008

Child Speak

Morgan was asked to give a talk in church on Sunday. Our ward is so small that one girl or the other has an assignment at least every other week. The topic for this Sunday is "Jesus lives today and He will come again." When I told her the subject she said, "Well, that's a bit frightening." I queried as to what made it frightening. She responded with, "I don't really KNOW that Jesus lives or that He will come again." We had a little discussion on how she could find out for herself whether this was true, so she could feel confident that she does know it. Afterward, she wanted to write her talk for herself. I thought it was so cute, just the way that she wrote it, that I thought I would share it:

"I belve that Jesus lives and that he will come again and that we will get reserrecedid like he did. He died for us because of are iniquities. I know he will come again. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen."

My favorite part is the word "iniquities." She asked me how it was spelled, saying, "I could have said sins - but iniquities is more descriptive." Man, I love that girl!

2 comments:

Alissa said...

I love that girl, too! She's a smart one...!

Looks like you figured out how to get a new look going. Looks great! (Very girly...!)

Q and T McKnight said...

What a kick - you have to love being around Morgan. She always brings a smile to your face and laughter in the room! Sure love that girl.