Monday, March 17, 2008

Birthday Bonanza

February was Birthday month for the babies (as the youngest two are commonly called around our house). I'm way outdated, but I finally got around to downloading my pics and thought the Grams and Gramps would like to see the big days. Taylor thoroughly enjoyed being the center of attention on her Birthday. We got her on video when we were singing to her and she was jamming and hamming for the camera, but every time I attempt to upload it I lose my entire post and have to start again - so I will try to do it as a different post because it is so fun to watch.


Emily is a big girl, "free" year old. You know the age - "I big, I do it mysewf." For the girls' birthdays, they have picked the design for the cake they have wanted and I have attempted to make it. All Emily wanted was a "Strawberry Cake," which I could never determine if that meant strawberry flavor or in the shape of a strawberry. This is what I came up with and she seemed very excited by it. However, how much of it did she eat? None - not even a bite. When she was served some she told us she doesn't like cake.

This is what she got instead . . . .

Taylor, however, loved the cake. Although, I think she was mortified when she realized the paparazzi was around. Doesn't her frosted face just scream "No camera's, please!"


4 comments:

Alissa said...

Happy birthday girls! Wow, Tay, what a bunch of teeth you have! Ems, your ice cream cone looks yummy.... Kari, I'm impressed with the cake. I think Cole is going to get a frosted square for his birthday...and for all of his birthdays because I'm not too creative... We MISS YOU GIRLS! (And Daniel, too...!)

Amy said...

OH! How I miss my girls!!! They are so darn cute!! (they definitely take after their mother!) The cake looks awesome! I am extremely impressed, you can make my cake! :) Aren't you bein' a single parent for awhile? How's that going? Miss you!

Gwen said...

I think your "babies" are getting SOOOOO Big! What cute, cute, girls you have. And I really love the look of concentration on Emily's face as she's blowing out the candles!

Gwen said...

Oh yeah, and thanks for the e-mail forward you sent earlier....I would so love to be the mother that could blog that picture!!!!