Sunday, October 14, 2007

On the Move

This week it has been fun to see all the growth and changes in the girls. Sometimes it seems like things roll along just the same all the time, then all of the sudden you notice that they are growing up. Rylee and Morgan have been so good and helpful lately. We had Monday off of school for Columbus Day (it is actually Native American Day in South Dakota, which, seriously, how P.C. are we going to have to get?), so the girls and I went to the Kirby Science Museum in Sioux Falls, followed by some serious bargain shopping (I realize that is kind of an oxymoron). Amazingly enough, we were gone for almost 12 hours and we had only one minor meltdown by Emily. I think that is nearly miraculous. Furthermore, today Daniel and I were even able to get in a couple hour nap and the big girls took care of both little girls the whole time (I was sure we would be left alone for 15 min max when laying down). I’m feeling optimistic about having a little more freedom, in the next couple of years anyhow.

Some of the kid’s funnies for the week:

Rylee, while sitting talking with dad and sisters stated, “Dad, Mom actually knew something.” It’s sad when this becomes news worth sharing with the family.

Morgan, in response to me saying she could count scripture reading toward the 200 minute Pizza Hut Book it program. “Yea, but I’d rather read something fun. . . errmm . . . more interestinger, like a fun Junie B. Jones book or a book about Egypt or something.” (*Author’s note – if you get past the part that the parents have obviously not taught their children a love for the scriptures, who ever thought to rank a Junie B. Jones book and a book about Egypt in the same category?)

Emily, when walking into the kitchen after I had washed dishes and scrubbed the floors for the first time in – well, you don’t really need to know that part: “Wow, Mom! It’s ashly tleen” which can be translated into “actually clean.” Later that day she was playing with a penny and pretending to pull it out of her ear or her belly button. You know the trick. Well, word to the wise, don’t turn around when a two year old is being a magician. I never realized I had money coming out my . . . .

Taylor is starting to try to get around. If I can figure out how to get a little video attached you can see where she’s at. She also learned to wave this week. It is so sweet, and her big smiles show us how proud she is of herself.



8 comments:

Amy said...

I need Emily over here! I could use her magic skills ;)

Hooray for Sunday naps (with no interuptions!!!)

Alissa said...

Oh, man, that is too funny. How did you do the collage? That is way cool - let me know!

Miss your girls...maybe Em's can do some magic and you can all "appear" over here!

Brandon and Brittany said...

I've been waiting for an update so it is fun to see one.

Amy said...

Kari!
I LOVE seeing pictures of those beautiful girls! They are so hillarious! I miss you guys!!! Is Daniel done with the big harvest? Isn't that his busy time? How's home schooling going? Give those girls hugs from Aunt Amy!
How did you do the collage thing? It looked really good! Oh, and thanks for the computer help! Just one more question, how do you get the pic of Daniel and the girls to stay at the top of your blog? (I tell you, I'm really bad with computers!

Daniel, Kari and Co. said...

Amy & Lissy, the collage is a product of Picassa (sp?), you can download it free with firefox. (Warning, if you have a very slow old computer it will not like all the downloads that come with firefox and potentially may never forgive you, as mine has done!)

Also, Amy, the picture at the top is just one of the added elements that you can put on when you edit your blog. I'm still wondering how people do the really cool Header thing across the top of the blog with the name and all that. Also,what about the music element, how do you add that? Anyone have any advice, I'll take it!

Alissa said...

Thanks. I'll give the whole collage thing a try. I'll play with the music, too, one day when I'm tired of working and see how it works.

Take care...A

Nield said...

We can't stop laughing at that southern Idaho humor... who did it get to SD... we miss you all and love the pictures and tales... or was that tails... thanks for sharing... mom and dad

Grandma D said...

Hi Hancock's
I love the update on your life in SD. What great pictures.
Love Grandma D