Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Disclaimer

As you have noticed, we figured out how to put music on our Blog. This led us to the realization that we may need separate blogs, due to some discrepancies in taste. I must admit, it was an enlightening experience for a plethora of reasons, the most obvious being that we have not updated our taste in music since our early college (aka. single ) days. Furthermore, we have no genre, as is obvious from the random selection - Johny Cash to Veggie Tales?

It was also an informative experience for me just to see that side of Daniel. For a man who cannot carry a tune (this is not Kari being mean here, he's very familiar and open with the fact!) he sure gets excited about music. All types of music. Music that was popular when we were in high school, middle school, and well, quite frankly, music that perhaps should not have been popular at all.
Therefore, my disclaimer is this, Daniel chose most of the music on this blog with Kari editing out some of the more annoying ones. I will admit I threw in four or five of the songs, and mine really had no more rhyme, reason, or taste than Daniel's choices. Quite frankly you will probably not be able to differentiate, which means that we're both really quite "Pop Culture" illiterate. I did put my foot down at his selection of "We Built this City on Rock and Roll" and a couple more choice songs. He's also insisted on "One Hot Mama" for our #1 song, which is sweet and flattering. But just between you and me, I think he's really hoping I'll get the, not so subtle, underlying message every time I check my blog. Wish him luck!

4 comments:

Amy said...

HAHAHA!

Love the disclaimer.

And if you ever remove "Queen of Hearts" from your playlist I will no longer visit your blog.

Iowaspuds said...

I am sure Daniel is a Veggie Tales fan. I can just picture him singing that one...

Devri said...

Love the music. :) You have the most adorable family!! I am so glad you guys are doing well.

Alissa said...

Okay - that site meter thing is kind of freaky! It is scary how much we can no longer be anonymous.

Ummm....dying to see your hair pictures.... :-)