Monday, October 1, 2007

Labors o' Love

I had to share the pictures of my labors over the weekend.

Lets just say 45 jars of applesauce (24 of which were done last week, not over the weekend), 13 jars of apple pie filling, and 14 jars of canned tomatoes, all done solo. (Hand on the forehead, and laborious “woe is me” sigh goes here). I left it all out on the counter for when Daniel got home, sure that he would be awed with my labors of love. Apparently it wasn’t that impressive because I didn’t hear him singing accolades. However, that may be in part due to the fact that by the time he got home you could no longer see the canning jars for the stacks of both clean and dirty dishes, dirty dish towels and, for fear of life, he probably had to watch where he was placing his feet on the area formerly known as our kitchen floor. Emily and Taylor were equally impressed, as you can see by Taylor’s enthusiastically supportive expression.

I think the only one who really appreciated my canning was Rylee because she got an early release day from school so she could (don’t pass this on to the good mothers of the world – or Social Services or the South Dakota Dept. of Education for that matter) take Emily downstairs and watch TV for a few hours so I could get something done uninterrupted. Hey, a woman’s got to do what a woman’s got to do!

6 comments:

Amy said...

KARI.
YOU ROCK.
ENJOY YOUR CARAMEL APPLE PIE FROM PERKINS. (insert evil laugh here)
But seriously, YOU ROCK.
:) me

Unknown said...

Ummm....can I borrow Rylee so I can get something done uninterrupted???

Thanks for the tips - we're getting geared up to go again...(ugh, I hate apples...)

Gwen said...

I did apple pie filling last week too! Your's looks better though!!! Taylor looks so big! And so adorable, even with the very sad face. And can I just tell you how happy I am you have high speed now!!!! Keep the posts coming

Amy said...

Kari,
You are amazing! I just did 30 bottles of applesauce today and I had Aaron here for most of the time. How did you do it? I wish we lived closer so we could help or "trade" babysitting. AHHHHHH! You are seriously awesome! Give those beautiful girls squeezes for me!

Daniel, Kari and Co. said...

Amy, I think my canning would for sure have been more enjoyable if we lived closer to each other. Maybe we'll have to start a fall rotation, your house one year, mine the next?

Nield said...

We can't wait for apple pie...do you think you'll still have some in wwhen it thawes out in SD? looks like a large amount of love. Keep up the good work...love, mom and dad