Monday, June 11, 2007

Sensible in SD

Add another “morganism” to the lot. Yesterday we went on a walk around the neighborhood. A guy that was working in his yard stopped us and asked if we knew anything about baby bunnies because he accidentally stepped on one while doing yard work and didn’t know what to do with it. Long story short the girls wanted to take it home, I said we should wait and see if it finds its nest. On the walk home I was explaining to the girls that our house is more dangerous for the bunny than where it was because we have three animals who would love to eat that little bunny. I explained that, besides this, baby bunnies usually die if they aren’t with their mom. Morgan later came up to me and said, “I know mom, we can try to keep the baby bunny, but if it dies we can just feed it to the cat.” Now there’s a pragmatic thinker.

5 comments:

Amy said...

that TOTALLY makes sense! you said "ok", right?

Gwen said...

She's cute, funny, and smart!!! She is going to make some little boy out there one lucky man someday!!!

Alissa said...

Well, yeah, it would save money on cat food. She's thinking like a Nield already! My kind of girl!

Annie said...

That's hilarious! A born negotiator, creating "win-win" situations for everyone...except for the bunny. When are you coming to WA? I am expecting to see you I can't wait to hold your newest little girl! Yea for girls!

Daniel, Kari and Co. said...

Annie - we'll be passing through the week after the 4th of July. We'll have to hook up (flash back to Ryan Wegner with that term, huh?)at some point coming or going or even sometime in between. I'll call you when I get a semblance of a schedule!