Monday, August 20, 2007

Blue and Gold

The girls are starting fall soccer this week. We went to their orientation meeting and they were given their jerseys. They told us that the kids should wear the blue side for home games and the yellow for away games. That seemed fairly easy to remember, since it was just how I was feeling after getting back from our long vacation; home is blue, away is gold.

However, I expressed these sentiments to my SD friend Amy and the resulting conversation led me to believe that I had better work on considering SD home. So here goes my change of attitude (okay, all of you AF folks know that I would be considering SD my SECOND home, because I already planted my roots there in Idaho!). Therefore, for the remainder of the blog I'll attempt to keep my positive, gold attitude (although the blue might occasionally offer a more thorough explanation from within the boundaries of the brackets).

A brief synopsis of the last months, for the few who are dying to know (I know, I flatter myself that there are even that many!). We had a wonderful, whirlwind trip to ID, OR, and WA. In the process we got to visit Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone, Newport, OR, and pretty much all of Montana, which if you’ve seen one part of it, I think you’ve seen it all. The kids were great travelers (with the exception of the various random bodily eruptions throughout the drive, as a result of an atypical stomach flu); the “beast” was not. Sorry, Emily, you’ve earned all rights and privileges to the name. We loved seeing friends and family again. When we were looking through our pictures from the trip Rylee said “I just can’t STAND looking at them, I want to be there.” I think we all realized how far away we really live when it took us the three very, very, very long days to get home.

Now we’re jumping back into reality, with school biting us on the toes. Morgan goes back to school on Thursday. We’ve decided to home school Rylee this year. Yikes!.?!..! Need I say more? Oh, yeah, I’m supposed to be looking for the gold. . . I guess that’s next week’s blog. :}

3 comments:

LemonLimeDesign said...

Kari...
together we will make this place GOLD. I am determined :)

I love the Beast.

Brandon and Brittany said...

Kari - I love you. I miss your family soo much. Eventually, and I mean way eventually, when you have forgotten all of us, SD will be okay. We still miss you. Don't know if you check our blog but, yes I am pregnant sorry I had to lie to you when you were out, but I really did long to tell you...bummer. Tell your girls we say hi. next time you visit we NEED to see them!

Amy said...

Kari, I miss you guys! Rylee's haircut looks so cute! Let me know how home schooling goes! Oh, and I absolutely agree with the more arms per kid thing.... I've actually thouht a lot about that! Oh well! Sure love you guys! Amy and Aaron