Thursday, May 3, 2007

Dreams Really Do Come True



As most of you who know me well may recall, I have wanted a piano for our little, or more currently not-so-little, family for years. Unfortunately, the desire has been held strongly in check by my over-riding compulsive cheapness. Well, sometimes it pays off to put off! Ladies and Gentlemen, Kari has purchased a piano! The best part is that I got one that I didn't even have to endure the expected suffering from post-purchase regret for many sleepless nights afterwards. (Well, lets be realistic here, I always have post purchase regrets, thus my many $2.00 or less returns and my "black-list record" at Walmart, but that's a whole other blog). I found a "vintage" - yes, that does mean old in any other context - piano that plays with character, if not perfect consistency, and all of this for only $75.00. Seriously, though, it was tuned today and it sounds pretty decent, if I do say so myself. Plus, as a free bonus, it was in great condition, with nary a scratch on it (until we had the elders quorum move it, so now there are a couple significant ones) and the wood matches that of my house. Miracles never cease!

7 comments:

Amy said...

I've seen, I've played, I love it... AND I AM JEALOUS :) Keep your eyes peeled for more piano deals for me!

Brandon and Brittany said...

Kari, How beautiful. Being a piano girl myself I can truly say I love it! (Hey, just think, now you can ship your girls all the way out to Idaho so I can teach them piano lessons!)

Daniel, Kari and Co. said...

Brittany, let me tell you, the temptation is there! Of course I would have to ship myself along - so I could pick up a few piano-plunking skills myself, learn from the master and all that! Maybe we'll have to do a quicky lesson when we come visit this summer.

Amy, my eyes couldn't be more peeled. I'm on it for you!

Alissa said...

I'm impressed.... The cheap gene we were instilled with hass paid off again! I love it!

Gwen said...

Kari, do you play the piano??? My paren't just gave us their old upright piano and I love it. My kids love it too. It's very unfortunate that no one in our house can play it though. Maybe I should hit Brittany up for those lessons. Anyways, Congrats on the new piano. Doesn't it just make you feel like a more responsible parent when you actually have a piano in your home?!!

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

I am so jealous I can hardly stand it! Start dreaming for me!

Gwen said...

WHERE ARE YOU!!!! we are trying to wait patiently for more fun stories from your neck of the woods...get a move on it!!!! :)