Friday, April 24, 2009

Pudgy

A couple of weeks ago Morgan cornered me while at the stove and asked if I was going to have another baby. I told her we were planning on it at some point and asked her why she was asking. Her response: “Well, I didn’t know if I should tell you, but I noticed you’re getting a little bit. . .” (See her patting her tummy with a sheepish expression) “Well, you’re getting a little bit . . . PUDGY. I didn’t know if I should tell you!” Well, Morgan, you probably shouldn’t have!

However, if an eight year old can tell a person is pregnant at nine weeks then I guess that person should know so she can go public earlier than usual – lest everyone wonder why she is so getting so “pudgy.” So for the next ten weeks (until she actually looks pregnant, not just fat) give a pudgy person a break, it’s not just a case of Midwest depression (although there may be some of that going on too) or a newfound love affair with snacking while watching nighttime television (also possibly a byproduct of the aforementioned Midwest depression) that’s causing it. There is a baby in there behind that Jell-O like mass of flesh. I heard its heartbeat today. So, let’s just agree to disregard the fact that the said child is the size of a small Oregon Strawberry.

While we’re on the subject of progeny – wish Daniel luck! Here’s his last chance for a retraction and apology from the editor of the annual Christmas newsletter for previous statements/slander about his Y-Chromosome deficiency. We’ll look forward to finding out in early November!

13 comments:

Gwen said...

YAAAAHHHHHOOOOO!!! Congrats you guys!!! Here's hoping for that boy, but how fun would 5 beautiful girls be??!!!

It's also great to FINALLY see some updates :)

Oh, and I had a dream the other night that you guys made a suprise visit to our house and needed a place to stay for the night...it was AWESOME! So, let's work on making that dream come true, OK!!!

Alissa said...

Congrats! Can't wait for Baby Henry to come play with Baby Zeus! (Or Henrietta...just in case!)

Alissa said...

Hey, if you're showing at 9 weeks maybe it's twins! Henry AND Henrietta! Score!!!

P.S. Don says that the two names you've forbidden us to use are funny names for a girl. Thought you ought to know! If you have a boy, though, there's a chance for us to have a girl someday, so I'm hoping for a boy for you!

Brandon and Brittany said...

YAY KARI! We will be crossing our fingers for a boy. (But you do make very beautiful little girls...)
You are so hilarious, by the way. Love that you have blogged again.

Iowaspuds said...

We're pulling for you Dan.

Annie said...

SHE'S ALIVE! Come on the midwest isn't that bad is it? I'm coming to Kansas City from May 29-june 13th, any chance I could meet you somewhere sometime?
Congratulations on the pregnancy! That is so exciting!

Amy said...

Kari!!! Yeah! Congratulations! I am pulling for Dan... boys are so much fun! But, you make really, really cute girls too! Wish I could have come out with Aaron! Maybe when the baby comes!! Miss you guys!

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! Nice to see ya, pudgy. :)

Laura said...

All the boys at this house are crossing their fingers for you Daniel!!!!!!

Q and T McKnight said...

Welcome back to the BLOG world. I have been worried about you guys and was ready to call you to make sure everyone was doing well - if I had your phone number? E-mail to me - OK.

CONGRATULATIONS Daniel and Kari. We, too, are pulling for you Daniel. A boy could really stir the pot around your house.

We sure miss you guys! It just isn't the same here! Ya know, you are only a few hours away so a weekend vacation/visit is open on this end whenever you want to come.

I was sorry to read about your mom. Hope everything is OK.

Sure miss you and the girls!

Love you guys,

Grandma T

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

So, Darin says that it may not be a Y-chromosome deficiency that's the problem. He thinks it could be a hostile enviroment that could be the problem.... :)

Amy said...

this is what I get for being behind in the blog world!!! -- I missed your big announcement!

KARI!!! thank you SO MUCH for calling today and sharing your wonderful news. HOOOORAY for the HANCOCKS. you made my day. seriously!!!

I promise to keep in better touch. promise, promise, promise!!!

Laura said...

Well well congrats to you all. We hope all goes well with the pregnancy and Daniel we're hoping for a boy!