Wednesday, February 4, 2009

And It Came to Pass

“Previous Post Recovery” (aka PPR) requires that I follow up with Emily’s advanced spiritual development. The other day I could hear Emily in the other room “reading” from the scriptures. It was so cute I had to transcribe as she “read.” She said “Again and again the Namenites are coming to tore dem hair and fire dem and fire dem.” It was apparently a very violent time for the Namenites.

I then told her how big she was to be able to read the scriptures by herself and she said, “I know ‘It came to Pass’ so now I can read the scriptures.” She then proceeded to open her scriptures and say, “The Namenites came to pass and they cut their arms off. I don’t know what page that one story is.” She continued to thumb through the book looking for the said story. I love it!

Also she had the best line the other day when I said something was stupid. She said “Mom, you shouldn’t say stupid – it’s a dumb word.” So is dumb okay then?

6 comments:

Brandon and Brittany said...

I loved this post. That is absolutely adorable. We just read about "cutting off the arms" in our family last week. Kami still talks about it.

Nield said...

This grandpa can't stop laughing.. I so much enjoy the quips and quotes from the grandchildren... I am truly a lucky man... great wife, children and grandchildren... we are just too far away from most of them... love to all, grandpa nield

Perpetual Mommy Exhaustion said...

Laughing so hard my tummy hurts. Thanks.

Amy said...

L




O




L

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

I miss Emily! She's getting as witty as Morgan!

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

Oh Kari.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!