Friday, October 24, 2008

Trying Not to Ralph

So, here’s my dilemma: I have my ballot here in front of me. I’ve researched out the local candidates and issues. I’ve filled the sucker in – but I just cannot do it. I cannot stomach voting for either of the Presidential nominee choices – they both S-U-C-K (sorry, Mom, I know you hate that word – that’s why I spelled it out, so as not to be too offensive). I vote that we clear the slate and re-do Primaries.

To give balance to my previous anti-Obama post. McCain’s health plan has SKUNK written all over it – it reeks. Plus, thus far, I think he’s been an idiot about the economy, which is pretty huge right now. And seriously when push comes to shove Obama is cool, the guy is Crème Brule smooth. If there were a major event in America (as Biden insists there will be) then Obama appears to be a leader who could keep things calm. It’s just too bad about the whole redistribute the wealth thing.

But in the end neither seems to have any idea what the American people want, or even who the average “Joe” is. I would love to know how anyone out there makes this decision – is there some spreadsheet out there that lists the issues and each of their prospective policies on it? Ralph Nader here I come!

Oh, this should so be his selling line, I bet he would win:

VOTE FOR NADER- because the alternatives make you want to RALPH

4 comments:

Alissa said...

Very nice. I'm still working up the courage to fill out my ballot....

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

What to do!

linda said...

Where are all the good libertarians out there??? The one thing you can rest easy about is that ninety-nine percent of what they say right now is 'campaigning' and they have no real intention of following through. It is the one percent they do intend to follow through on that worries me, though. . . Maybe I'll just get into my stash of Halloween candy and have a snickers bar.

Laura said...

Think happy thoughts. Good to see you are alive and well. Got a blog tomlauraandkidletts. Hope to hear from you soon