Monday, January 7, 2008

Proof

Just thought I would share proof that I am not exagerating about the frigid cold weather we have been having. This was the view out my kitchen window last week:





It's really pretty, but I don't want to go out in it. Of course, there's nothing like a view like this to make a person grateful to have a nice warm house, hot water, and plenty of clothes. It also makes one think of those poor first settlers in this area who came for cheap land in the hot summer and probably couldn't fathom this in the winter. Its a good thing we live in the time and place that we do because if I had to be one of those frontier women and endure a cold like this living in a sod hut I'd surely die - or wish I had!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I would die. I sometimes still think I might (it is too cold here. period.)

s.p.n. tomorrow? we will talk.

Alissa said...

Yeah...national news said, a few days ago, that you guys were supposed to be having record high temps... I figure that probably gets you up to a sweltering 15 degrees, right? :-)

We miss you! Stay warm...or come to our house and maybe we'll even turn up the heat!

Daniel, Kari and Co. said...

Actually, since Saturday it has been quite "balmy." I believe they called it (with a great deal of excitement) a "January Thaw." During which we reached a high temp of . . . 38 degrees. It's been nice (up to high 30's) ever since. The funny thing is that it actually does seem warm. It pretty much seems like jacket weather when the sun is shining. I guess a person's body must acclimate or something.:)

Gwen said...

I think it looks so pretty...but that's because I know I'm not going to be visiting you in that weather any time soon.

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

This is the other Amy,lest you be confused. We're about to have a balmy 15 degree high tomorrow, so don't feel too bad. And, by the way, I didn't think I liked Enya until I listened to your music. Pretty fab! (Did I just say "fab"?) (Arrrgh!)