Thursday, December 13, 2007

As Far As It Is Translated Correctly

The funny of the week – one of my favorite yet: I was doing Sharing Time at church, and Morgan volunteered to read the scripture for me. It was the one in Genesis about Isaac and Abraham going into the wilderness to make the sacrifice. Morgan’s teacher was letting her read off of her little palm-pilot thing, which has the scriptures on it. In the middle of her reading she stopped, so I, not really paying attention to where she was at, was frantically trying to find the spot, assuming that she needed help with a word. Then I hear her teacher lean over and whisper to her “ass.” Morgan looks around for a second with big eyes and then says “ass,” and then continued on with her reading. Later when we got home she was telling me about the cool thing that Sister Walker had (the palm-pilot) and how she wanted one for Christmas. Then after a beat she said, “but I don’t know why Sister Walker’s had the 'A-word' on it.” I couldn’t contain my laughter.

5 comments:

Shane said...

That was absolutely hilarious! Kids, you never know what they'll say next.

Shane

Gwen said...

I love your illustration to go along with the story! Have you ever wondered what your life would be like without Morgan's thoughts and comments! I LOVE that girl!!!!

Alissa said...

We just got a "little people" nativity set, and I think of Morgan every time Cole sits there and eats the "a....." (I mean, donkey...)! It seems to be his favorite piece in the set.

Sure miss you guys! Thanks for updating!

Amy said...

WE LOVE MORGANISMS!!! and WE LOVE MORGAN!!! ;)

Amy said...

I miss that girl!! I miss all you girls!... and Dan of course! Keep posting the hillarious stuff that comes out of her mouth! Have a Merry Christmas!!!