Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sleepless Nights On Order . . .

Just thought I would make an official announcement. We are adding another little addition to the household. It should keep us occupied and up all night. It is a little more expensive than I am comfortable with, but we decided to move up in the world. Yep, were getting DSL, so no more dial-up. Now I will now have no excuses for not updating this blog. By the end of this week we’ll be up and running. I’ll see if it takes less than three hours to upload my “Total Mommy Make-over” pictures (Just for anticipation – Morgan made a direct comparison between me and a boy peacock, direct quote coming this week!). If there is no marked improvement I will see if People PC will take me back.

That is actually a funny story in itself. My sister had People PC dial-up internet and decided to go to DSL so she called to cancel and they kept offering her the service at a lower and lower price (down to $1.99 for 6 months or something outlandishly low), and then she had to lose her temper to get them to just cancel her. So, of course, my thought is, why am I paying so much, dealing with only one dial-up number, and feeling lucky to get speeds above 50 Kbps and still paying full price for it? So I called and explained the problems, knowing that when they offer the service to me at a lower price I would “decide” to take it for a couple of months at least. Only, go figure, they said, “you’re right, there is only one access number for your address,” and proceeded to then and there cancel my account and reimburse me my payment.
I had to do some pretty fast back tracking just to ensure that I had internet for the rest of the month while I looked for something else; thus the current upgrade. Ah, well, it’s typical enough for my life I should have expected it. So, here’s to modernization and zippy fast speed (or as our new internet calls it “VROOM internet, feel the wind in your hair and the bugs in your teeth.” Yummy!).

3 comments:

Amy said...

YIPPPPPEEEEE!!!! can't wait for your new addition. you will LOVE it!

Brandon and Brittany said...

YEA Kari!!! I am so excited for you. Now, you just have to be really careful, when you have the speed for it, blogging can be a very dangerous addiction.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry People PC didn't work for you like they did for me :) However, I am quite confident you'll love the DSL. Plus, now you can send me pictures of your kids, and also it won't take forever for you to get Cole's pictures! Hooray for you and taking a big step! (Sorry about those piano lessons, Ry...!)

Miss you all and TOTALLY miss being there....